Start Date: December ‘20
We are looking for a part-time apparel manager for Chillhop Music and our new brand extension, Endless Sunday. You are passionate about instigating positive change within the fashion industry through designing & developing classic, comfortable garments in an ethical and sustainable way.
Chillhop at its core is an expression of the need for a conscious and well balanced life by providing relaxation. At Chillhop, we believe that people are the foundation of our business, so it’s important to make sure the team lives this expression as well. Starting out as a music label and establishing itself as a successful company in music through innovation and a healthy work approach and culture within the company, Chillhop has recently extended their line of activities to have more ways to express these values.
Expanding on the relaxed daily vibe that Chillhop provides its listeners, our developing lifestyle brand ‘Endless Sunday’ will be your main focus. Working to close the gap between ethical manufacturing and durable quality, we stand against fast fashion with a firm belief that clothing should be made to last. Grounded in a strong sense of community, our productions are developed in line with leading environmental and ethical standards with comfortable innovative materials, subtle details and timeless design as our bottom line.
- Product Development: You will be leading the product development process, from de-veloping garment fit to deciding on materials and everything in-between.
- Trend analysis: You will Explore the market for new trends and ideas that fit within the Endless Sunday brand ideals. Staying curious is a must.
- Manufacturer communication: You will keep a close line of contact with manufacturers, exploring new potential partners for production.
- Performance and customer analysis: Together with our head of commerce, you will be reviewing performance as well as customer behaviour in order to optimise our line.
- Coordinating release campaigns: Together with our design and branding team you will be coordinating and conceptualising campaigns around releases of our collections.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of fitting, designing and building garments; Confidence in creating technical design packages to a high standard.
- You demonstrate brilliant design and conceptual skills with in-depth knowledge of fabric, trimming and garment additions.
- You are clear, concise and confident in speaking with factories to ensure our concepts manifest correctly in reality.
- You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. You can efficiently document processes to give the E-Commerce manager a clear overview of them.
- You hold the ability to work in a relaxed environment while maintaining focus.
- You have excellent attention to detail and organisational qualities.
- You work well with others and are consistent in keeping colleagues up to date with project developments.
- You are successful in meeting target driven goals and deadlines.
- You hold an analytical skill set and are be able to see opportunities as well as assess past results.
- You have a bachelor degree in an apparel / fashion design related studies.
- You hold the ability to devote 20 hours divided throughout the week, with the opportunity to expand. This can be discussed further during interview. Set days can also be discussed to fit with your current schedule.
- You can work from the Chillhop office in Rotterdam.
- You have a proactive attitude. At Chillhop we strive to maximise potential by giving people the freedom to fully utilise their creative spirit, with support where needed.
- You are a fast adapter, avid learner and flexible worker.
- You are a creative problem solver with the ability to think outside the box and identify the best solutions and decisions on a strategic level.
Why join Chillhop?
- Work at the forefront of music innovation.
- Work with a smart, driven, inspiring and growing team in a casual & collaborative work environment.
- Fully utilise your creativity and potential.
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and performance bonuses.
- Enjoy the benefits a flexible work week with the option to work from home for a portion of the time
- Be an integral part of a strong community, striving to make positive change.